FREE MOVEMENT FESTIVAL APP POWERED BY VITAMINWATER® NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH ANDROID AND IPHONE OPERATING SYSTEMS
DETROIT, MAY 24, 2012—The Movement Electronic Music Festival application is now available on iTunes and Android markets for free, courtesy of vitaminwater®. The complete electronic guide to Movement 2012, held May 26-28 in Detroit’s Hart Plaza, has added several new features designed to maximize user experience.
Paxahau has partnered up with vitaminwater® to make this app completely free for Movement fans.
iPhone users can download the app at Here
Android users can download the app at: Here
Features of the app include:
• *New!* Movement Postcard: Capture all of your Movement memories by using our new Photo Postcard feature. Show your friends at home how much fun you are having at the festival by sending them a Postcard via text or email and even to Facebook or Twitter.
• *New!* CAMP Detroit Project: Stimulate your mind by exploring the one-of-a-kind array of futuristic art installations placed throughout the property. Use this tab to learn more about each team’s unique installation.
• *New!* Integrated Twitter Feed: Engaging @movementdetroit Twitter feed now appears at the top of the app screen. Also, once you select an artist in the lineup or schedule to learn more about, the feed will then switch to the last three tweets from that particular artist, if available.
• *New!* GroupMe: Create a GroupMe group to stay in touch with your friends and get the latest festival news, too. Build a group of friends by registering your phone number at GroupMe.com/movement. The messaging feature will help keep a group of two or twenty on the same page throughout the festival, making sure you never miss a beat.
• Lineup: View every artist on the festival lineup and sort by alphabetical order or by set time. You can also sort artists by which day they perform and on which stage. You can add or remove an artist from your personal lineup by tapping the “plus” or “minus” button next to their name.
Tap on any artist’s name in any list and view their bio page. You can view the day, time and what stage they are performing on. Artist bio pages also have social media links and links to their music, video and their homepage.
• Schedule: Keep track of your own customized schedule. Sort performers by day and remove an artist after you have seen their show with just one touch. You can add or remove an artist from your personal lineup by tapping the “plus” or “minus” button next to their name. Enhanced artist information includes links to Resident Advisor profiles, when available. Improved schedule function also allows you to share your schedule selections with your friends.
• Alarm: Solidify your personal schedule by setting an alarm for five, 10 or 15 minutes before your selected artist is scheduled to perform, and you will receive a push notification.
• Festival Map: Find your way by utilizing the handy zoomable/scrollable map of the entire festival grounds that also opens to full-screen size.
• Friend Finder: Show your friends where you are in the crowd by placing the “I am here” arrow on a basic image of different areas of the festival. You may choose from a variety of stages or other areas of the grounds. Your friends don’t even need this app to receive Friend Finder photos; it will work with anyone who can view photos on their device. You have the convenience of sending the photo to your friends via text or email.
• vitaminwater® Flashlight: Improved flashlight function engages your LED light, if available instead of the old white screen, for brighter results.
• Afterparties: Plan your night after the festival closes at midnight by reviewing the best afterparty options available. We’ve included every Official Movement Afterparty for you to review by day, and you can see the flyer for each party, along with other pertinent information. Tap the map to get instant directions to any of the parties listed.
About Movement Electronic Music Festival
The Movement Electronic Music Festival takes place May 26-28 in Detroit and features: five technologically-rich outdoor stages; more than 100 artists; free Wi-Fi access on the grounds; a posh VIP setting located behind the main stage; dozens of official afterparties; an interactive technology center featuring the hottest gear in the industry; and several art displays to stimulate the senses. Nearly 100,000 people from across the globe attended the 2011 festival.
Walk-Up Passes for Movement Detroit ?Walk-up Day Passes will be available for $55 (All fees included) starting Saturday May 26. Walk-up Weekend Passes will be available for $95 (All fees included) starting Saturday May 26. Walk-up VIP passes will be available for $220 (All fees included) while supplies last. Passes will also be available online all weekend long at www.Movement.us
For more details about afterparties and to purchase tickets visit, www.movementafterparties.com.
About Paxahau Promotions Group
Producers of the Movement Electronic Music Festival since 2006, Paxahau was established 14 years ago as an online resource to promote both Detroit and electronic music, and has earned the respect of their peers and formed a very strong network of alliances throughout the music industry. Today, Paxahau is recognized across the world by artists and industry executives as a premier production and promotions organization. To learn more visit www.paxahau.com.